FreeSWITCH GUI can use XML-RPC, ESL, Erlang and several communication methods to communicate with FreeSWITCH. The powerful method is the useful ESL library that is translated to several languages, including Perl, Lua, Python, Ruby, .NET and others.
There are several graphical user interfaces available for FreeSWITCH. A few are listed below. These can assist in managing XML configuration files and FreeSWITCH operations themselves. All of them sit on top of a FreeSWITCH installation (so you should probably still familiarize yourself with the instructions above).
Open Source GUI Solutions for FreeSWITCH
blue.box is a modular, highly scalable, object-oriented, multi-platform, multi-OS web interface for managing FreeSWITCH. It was created by the developer of the FreeSWITCH mod_nibblebill module. The platform allows management of the entire FreeSWITCH system via a simple, friendly GUI and requires no knowledge of the underlying XML configuration structures. Great care has been taken to allow for future expansion via modules and plug-ins.
Note that despite the support of multiple switching engines, the project has a heavy focus on the FreeSWITCH project and provides FreeSWITCH-only modules to support advanced functionality in FreeSWITCH.
- Website: https://github.com/2600hz/bluebox
- IRC: #2600hz on freenode
FusionPBX is a feature rich, multi-platform, highly customizable, scalable and fast web interface to manage FreeSWITCH as a PBX or as a voice SWITCH. The project started as the FreeSWITCH package on pfSense. Development was done to make it work with multiple operating systems this includes various version of Linux, BSD, Windows, Mac OS X, and others. The data storage was moved from pfSense's XML data storage to PHP Data Objects (PDO) which provides ability to use SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL and other data storage engines. It can use any web server that supports PHP5 this includes Apache, Lighttpd, nginx, IIS and many others.
FusionPBX currently has 48 additional modules (aka packages) that provide a great deal of functionality. Some examples of the functionality include but art not limited to active calls, active extensions, interactive conference interface, interactive queues, very detailed call records with XML CDR, auto phone provisioning, IVR menu for auto attendant features, hunt groups, call forward, DISA, time conditions, dialplan editor, sip gateway manager, extension management, user management, contact management, content and menu manager and more. Development is active. To learn more use the links below.
- License: MPL 1.1
- Website: http://fusionpbx.com
- Screenshots: http://fusionpbx.com/files/fusionpbx_com/screenshots/index.php
- Download: http://fusionpbx.com/download.php
- IRC: #fusionpbx on freenode
Telecoms mediation, rating engine and call data record analysis for post-paid billing applications with a range of connectors to different switch types supporting many CDR data formats.
FreePyBX is an MPL 2.0 opensource licensed feature-rich GUI implementation for FreeSWITCH. User-friendly intuitive interface allows your customers to enjoy all of the features and stability of very expensive proprietary software for free. It was written in Python with the Pylons framework, the call control is mostly Lua, but the directory, configuration, and dialplan are also XML cURL. It is an ITSP multi-tenant system supporting many features like call center queues, click-to-call, text-to-speech and much more. Some of the technologies that it utilizes are dojo, ajax, and has interfaces to JSON that can easly be used for an API for third-party, cloud api, or legacy systems and rdbms'. The code is easy to follow and was written very modular to allow easy integration with third-party modules and custom development. An excellent choice for an ITSP telephony framework.
It utilizes a single profile with a single IP and port--perfect for a hosted PBX ITSP provider.
The development is very active and currently only supports FreeSWITCH with no plans to port to other switches.
- Website: http://www.freepybx.org/
- Client Demo: https://demo.freepybx.org/login
- Admin Demo: https://demo.freepybx.org/admin/login
ICTFax is a Fax over IP solution with Plivo and Drupal based GUI for FreeSWITCH by http://www.ictinnovations.com
- License: Open Source GPL V3.0
- Website: http://www.ictfax.org
- Screencast: http://www.slideshare.net/tahiralmas/ictfax-version-20-an-open-source-foip-software
- Download: https://github.com/ictinnovations/ictfax
WikiPBX is a Python/Django based GUI for FreeSWITCH.
- License: Open Source under the MPL
- Website: http://www.wikipbx.org
- Screenshots: http://www.wikipbx.org/wikipbx?cat=screenshots
- Download: http://wikipbx.subwiki.com/installation-manual-0-8#toc2
A simple billing app is a RoR based GUI for freeswitch. This can manager multiples freeswitch endpoints by mod_xml_curl and mod_nibble_curl.
- Website: https://github.com/bit4bit/simplecos
- Licence: GPL v3
FSGui is a Qt-based FreeSWITCH interface to manage FreeSWITCH, watch calls, and channels. It was developed using ESL and it's included in the freeswitch git repository.
Read more on the Fs gui subpage.
Web-based PHP utility to view extensions, calls, conferences, and FreeTDM channels.
It also allows several maintenance commands.
This project is run over ESL and seems intended as an admin / HUD interface, and should NOT be exposed to the end user.
- Website: https://sites.google.com/site/freeswitched/home
- Code: https://github.com/Slonik/FreeSWITCH-panel
- Announcement: FreeSWITCH mailing list March 19, 2012
Web-based .Net program designed to configure/control a freeswitch server.
- Site here: http://code.google.com/p/freeswitchconfig/
- SVN source: http://freeswitchconfig.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
- Demo site: http://freeswitchconfig.dalnet.ca:8080 Username: admin, Password admin
Builtin web interface in FreeSWITCH. It is based on mod_xml_rpc and aims can be used out of the box.
See Freeswitch Portal for details.
Voice, IVR (with visual designer) SMS, Fax broadcasting software(built on Plivio and Drupal)
- License: GNU v3 (as per )
- Website: http://www.ictdialer.org
- Download: https://github.com/ictinnovations/ictdialer
Voice broadcasting & Autodialer solution, support complex IVR and Surveys (built with Python, Django, Celery, Lua, Redis and PostgreSQL)
- License: MPL v2.0 (as per )
- Website: http://www.newfies-dialer.org
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDcHzxV-Qco