What is MRCP?
MRCP is a protocol for PBX's to communicate with ASR and TTS engines. In version 1 of the MRCP spec, RTSP is used for session setup and RTP used for media streaming, whereas in version 2 of the MRCP spec, SIP is used instead of RTSP for session setup (RTP still used for media streaming).
UniMRCP is currently stable. Version 1.0.0 was released in June 2010.
Supports both v1 and v2 of the MRCP protocol.
Using UniMRCP Server with Flite/Pocketsphinx
See the UniMRCP project documentation
- IETF Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2)
- IETF Media Resource Control Protocol Version 1 (MRCPv1)
- NLSML - Natural Language Semantics Markup Language for the Speech Interface Framework
- SRGS - Speech Recognition Grammar Specification
- Speech Processing for IP Networks - book on MRCP, website has good links