Last update 15 December 2013
freephoneline.ca powered by Fongo
[freephoneline.ca], aka: Bud Phone, Kokanee Phone, ZPhone
- Free phone line for outgoing and incomming in many [cities] across Canada.
- $50 + HST one time fee to unlock and receive the SIP profile login information.
- Sending and receiving Fax does work see [details].
SIP Gateway Settings
Create a conf/sip_profiles/voip.freephoneline.ca.xml and populate it as below using your SIP login settings:
For incoming calls from your freephone DID create a conf/dialplan/public/03_inbound_ANY_did.xml dialplan file and populate it as follows.
Setup your outgoing dialplan by creating conf/dialplan/default/01_outbound_america_digit_dialing.xml file and populating it as follows; don't forget to change the effective caller id and if you expand on the below pattern matching then update this page:
NOTE: Make sure your conf/dialplan/default/01_example.com.xml file is disabled or deleted otherwise it will conflict.
Sending and Receiving Faxes
It appears when searching the web that people have had success, and it is possible to send faxes, after trail and error below is what worked for me:
- IMPORTANT: add '<action application="set" data="t38_passthru=true"/>' to your ougoing plan - without this I was not able to get realiable sending.
- In your VOIP box switch SIP protocol to UDP
- If you are having UDP issues but TCP works and you are behind NAT/Firewall try enabling 'Handle VIA rport' and 'Handle VIA received' options in your SIP box (spa3012 VOIP box)
- Try changing Line 1 > Network Jitter Level: to 'very high' or 'extremely high' (spa3012 VOIP box)
- Also I was getting better luck sending when I swtiched the 'FAX Passthru Method:' to ReINVITE
Sending long 10+ min graphic intensive faxes worked without a hitch. Directly receiving faxes was not tested as one can simply get another Freephoneline only to receive faxes. This is accomplished by using the fax to email built in service. To setup up login into Freephoneline's admin and in the VM setting setup email forwarding.